Second Grade Giveaway!
Today I’m giving away one copy of Lavender’s Blue Second Grade. To enter, please leave a comment below and tell us why you would like to homeschool second grade with Lavender’s Blue! Comments close at 7am ET Sunday morning. The winner will be chosen by random number, announced on the blog, and notified by email. Yay!This curriculum is packed with detailed guidance on how to teach second grade. If you’re looking for a complete curriculum that will help you thrive as a Waldorf-inspired homeschooler, this is it!
Lavender’s Blue Homeschool is a truly unique Waldorf-inspired curriculum.
This curriculum includes a level of detail, step-by-step guidance, and guilt-free support that you won’t find anywhere else.
It’s for families who want to focus on the joy of connecting and learning together, without spending all their spare time researching and planning out all the details.
The Second Grade curriculum takes an active, creative, and meaningful approach to learning.
Families love how learning with the head, heart, and hands is all woven together in carefully planned out and detailed lessons.
- Main lessons in language arts, math, and form drawing are planned out in easy to follow, highly detailed daily plans
- All the form drawings are included, integrated into the main lessons in a carefully thought-out progression
- Main lesson book drawings are also included! Many parents find that having a model to work from helps build their drawing confidence
- It’s a well-organized and full curriculum but you’re warmly supported to adapt and change for your own family
This curriculum is written with real homeschool parents in mind. It’s written with creativity, careful attention to detail, and so much love!
- It’s professionally designed so it’s beautiful and easy to follow.
- It includes a very thorough introduction that covers the what, why, and how of teaching every second grade subject.
- Lavender’s Blue does not include a rigid schedule but it doesn’t leave you on your own either - instead there’s a planning guide to help you craft a daily and weekly rhythm that work for your family, with several sample schedules included.
The Lavender’s Blue curriculum is a uniquely strong math program.
- Fully developed plans for main lessons, games, active math, and practice work
- Thoroughly grounded in the best of Waldorf math theory and pedagogy
- Original math stories that make learning math engaging, memorable, and fun
- Active math and movement are all spelled out so you don’t need to guess what to do
Second Grade also includes a complete circle time!
- Songs, movement, speech, and math work are all integrated into an imaginative, developmentally appropriate circle
- A fully planned out circle saves you hours and hours of planning time - and it’s something you won’t find anywhere else
- The circle songs and verses are recorded for you on audio to make it easy for you to learn (and you don’t need to know how to read music).
Here’s what some of our Lavender’s Blue mamas had to say:
The material that I have gone through so far is fantastic. I do not know why I waited so long to sign up for second grade! I have researched several Waldorf inspired curriculums and yours truly rises above the rest. I am so thankful that I found you! Thank you thank you thank you.BlessingsTeresa
I adore you Kelly for the work you are doing. You have had a huge impact on my family and I am deeply grateful. You are able to take all these ideals I have and communicate HOW to make it happen in real life. My homeschool dreams came true when I found your curriculum and started applying all the ideas. I love that it is holistic and peaceful and VERY rich.Jessica S.
The second grade curriculum is awesome!!! It’s such a gift and blessing to be able to go on this learning and growing adventure alongside our precious kids. There couldn't be a more perfect, compassionate and doable guide than you and your amazing curriculum.Jennifer
I want to tell you how MUCH I appreciate that you don't write on and on and on in a lesson plan. Because of the way you keep things short and sweet I'm able to pick this up and go without becoming overwhelmed. As a working mom my planning time is about nil. Your work makes it possible to homeschool in a way that meets my children's needs without doing tons of leg work. Thank you for making things simple. It is a true talent to be concise yet clear!Alissa M.
If you've ever looked at the wealth of information available in various Waldorf curriculum and had no idea how to get started, or make a daily plan, this is for you. It's the closest to an open and go Waldorf curriculum I've seen.Rebecca
This is hands-down the best curriculum I've used (and I've tried several others!). Thank you, thank you. I have really, really enjoyed this year. You've been so supportive and approachable to all of us and we all just wish we could keep on using your curriculum through high school (or as high as each wants to go -- but you get the idea!) We just love you and your curriculum and I can't thank you enough for a truly beautiful 2nd grade year for my son.Patrica A.
Kelly did another amazing job at putting together a Waldorf curriculum that is easy for us parents to use and implement. It was clear and easy to understand and follow. Lavender's Blue is the one Waldorf curriculum where I don't feel stressed out trying to figure out what I am going to do each week as Kelly has it laid out for us. This program has truly been amazing and you can tell that you put so much work and heart into this and I thank you so much for doing this! You really have saved me a lot of planning stress. Heather O.
I can't express how beautiful and life changing LB has been to our family. When I think to how harried and all over the place we were two years ago. Now we are calm, well paced, relaxed and totally in love with learning. Every day with LB is a beautiful gift xoAllison S.
Why would you like to homeschool with Lavender’s Blue Second Grade? Leave a comment below to enter the giveaway!
Comments are now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated!
And the winner is comment number 52....Congratulations Emily! :)
Thank you for the work you do. Your blog and parenting guides have been inspirational and influential in my life. My second grade son and I could benefit from a calmer, more creative homeschooling routine–especially in math. I would love to try out your curriculum.