30 Days to Waldorf-Inspired Preschool at Home
Welcome to 30 Days to Waldorf-inspired Preschool at Home! Scroll to the bottom of this post for a list of all the blog posts as they go live!
I hope this blog series will help you understand the basics of Waldorf early childhood. But even more than that, I hope it will give you practical steps to take to implement those basics into your own home.
Reading about something doesn’t usually lead to big changes - you have to actually do something too. Here is how you can get the most out of this series:
1. Read the posts in order. Take as long as you need to to go through each step. I’m not expecting you to make massive changes or learn 30 new things in one month, so please don’t expect that of yourself!
2. Consider how each step applies to your unique family. Read and try things with an open mind, but in the end, take what works for you and leave the rest.
3. Do try things! I often hear from people that they never thought such-and-such would work in their family but when they tried it their children responded really well. So try things and notice how your children respond.
4. Find a way to share what you’re learning with other (positive, supportive) people - that’s a great way to process and gain clarity. Talk about it with friends, share with your spouse, participate in an online forum or facebook group for Waldorf-inspired parents, and come leave a comment below the blog posts to share with us how it’s going for you. I can’t wait to hear about it and I will do my best to answer questions in the comments!
5. Above all, celebrate your family life! I truly believe that you are doing an amazing job.